Friday, April 12, 2013

The Details

The survey on childhood gender socialization has been completed! Some questions include "What's your favorite television show?" and "What's your favorite color?" I plan to administer the full survey to my neighbors and the children my sister Maggie babysits, in total 12 children - 7 boys and 5 girls between the ages of 4 and 12. I'm going to print out hard copies to give to them, and they'll return them the next day since we all live in the same town.

I'm predicting that boys will choose stereotypical "boy" answers... like for the favorite toys they'll choose trucks and for favorite color they'll choose blue. Likewise, I hypothesize that girls will choose "girl" answers... they'll say dolls and pink. Hopefully I will see some sort of crossover, though, because I would like to think that children are breaking stereotypes. After this survey, maybe I'll see some of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment